Monday, September 3, 2007

Global TV Appearance

I will be appearing on the Global TV morning show tomorrow for approximately 3 minutes to promote Kids Read Edmonton. I'd like to think that I'll spend those 3 minutes making talk show hosts -such as those amiable Kansas city talk show hosts you view to your right- laugh at my witty remarks, nod at my sincerity, and say good-bye by remarking about what an abolute fabulous guest I was to have on the show. Big applause, of course, and invitations to come back any time.

The reality: 3 minutes. And I imagine I'll be standing, unsure of where to put my hands. There's a high chance that I'll stutter. In those three minutes I need to promote the highlights of Kids Read Edmonton, portray enthusiasm, talk about the book and various programs, hype the website, and sound intelligent. Looking professional wouldn't hurt either. This is where the real challenge comes in. I don't want to look too dowdy Librarian-ish, but I don't want to look like I just rolled out of bed and into my wrinkled khaki graduate school garb either. This might require another trip to the -eek- West Edmonton Mall today to search for the proper blazer. All my blazers are black or brown. I want colour for my 3 minutes. Colour, colour, colour.

No comments: